This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’d love to hear from instructors who are using stage names. Has anyone had trouble using a stage name to teach in a fitness facility? Anyone have any suggestions about choosing one? It seems like it would be fun, but I’m not sure the logistics of it, in a business sense. Thanks! 🙂

Oreet
    Oreet
    Keymaster

Hey there Andrea! From my experience I noticed that those instructors who are bellydancers first, not fitness professionals, tend to stick with their stage names when teaching in fitness facilities. Of course you will need to use your legal name filling out paperwork for the job. As far as choosing one, most people I know went by the meaning of a name. Maybe tyhink about what meanings resonate with you then Google it! Hope this helps!

Anyone else out there have any thoughts on this? Bellydancers?

Oreet

Anonymous

I agree, I was bellydancing first and since this is a part of my bellydance career I use my stage name to introduce myself to the class. I use my stage name with anything I do thats Bellydance related. This way people will identify me easier from shows, events, classes, etc. From what I read Nahla means “drink of water.” I love the water (beaches, seashells, mermaid myths, etc) so I took to the name very quickly. Plus, after performing 30 straight or doing this workout it’s precisely what I need! 🙂

Anonymous

He he. Nahla I love your name and yes a large drink of water is always what I need after SharQui®.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.