Jessica Hannan Sultan
Jessica is a teacher, performer, and strategic director at SharQui. She is based in Chapel Hill, NC. Email her at hellohannansultan (at) gmail.com
For performances, contact her through GigSalad.
SharQui Virtual Studio: Jessica teaches live online bellydance workouts and a troupe class in SharQui’s Virtual Studio. Use coupon code “Jessica” to save on Virtual Studio registration. She teaches SharQui Workout Monday and Friday at 10am et and Bellydance Troupe Mondays at 6pm et. You can purchase her workshop recordings here.
Jessica’s Online Dance Studio : Through her own Zoom studio, Jessica teaches BELLYDANCE CONDITIONING (flexibility and core strength) on Tuesdays at 10am et, all level BELLYDANCE IMPROVISATION AND DRILLS (all levels) on Thursdays at 10am et, and BELLYDANCE TECHNIQUE AND STYLE (intermediate and up) on Mondays at 7pm. Intermediate classes are for students with one year or more of SharQui or bellydance experience. Times are EST. All classes are 45 minutes.
Classes with Jessica are regularly $18 a month for one class a week. The regular price for as many classes as you would like is $36 a month. If you sign up by September 28, you can take 20% off the regular price! Access to recordings will be sent after each class. You can sign up for these classes by sending your payment to https://paypal.me/jessicahannansultan Please include a note with your contact info. Please email hellohannansultan (at) gmail.com with any questions. The payment for these classes is separate from the SharQui Virtual Studio.
She works in the Southeast United States providing in-person performances, workshops, and private lessons.
Contact her to inquire about lessons at hellohannansultan (@) gmail (dot) com For performances, contact her through GigSalad.
- Areas served Raleigh Metro, NC Atlanta Metro, GA and the Southeast USA
- Started Bellydance in 1998 with Radia in Zoutermeer, Netherlands
- Trained In USA: Aziza, Jillina, Mohamed Shahin, Tamalyn Dallal, Bellydance Evolution, Oreet Jehassi Schwartz, & Victoria Teel. In Canada: Roula Said, Tahia Sassine, Hadia. In Morocco: Radia. In Egypt: Raqia Hassan, Gabi Shiba, Aida Nour, & Dina
- Began Belly Dancing Professionally 2002 in Portland, OR
- Bellydance Instructor: Canada, USA, Japan, Mexico, Belgium
- Miss Bellydance USA 2003
- Featured Bellydance Performer, Restaurants &Nightclubs: Canada, USA, & Turkey
- Featured Bellydance Performer, Weddings & Celebrations: Canada & USA
- Featured Bellydance Performer, Corporate Events: Pepsi (Canada), Doc Martens (OR), Duke Fuqua School of Business (NC)
- Bellydance Workshop Instructor: Canada, USA, Mexico, Belgium, & Japan
- Film and TV Actor, Role of Bellydancer: Nike (OR) CityTV (Toronto), Home Shopping Network (Canada), How to Bellydance 11 Volume DVD Library (NC)
- Founder of one of Canada’s leading bellydance academies the Egyptian Dance Academy
- Stage Actor: Johnson City Little Theater (TN), Sycamore Shoals (TN), East Tennessee State University (TN), and Milligan College (TN)
- Voice Actor: Cabaret Allumage (Portland, OR), International Academy of Middle Eastern Dance (LA)
- Producer Night of Duke Stars 1-5, Client: Duke University Health System (NC)
- Additional Movement Training Yoga, Ballet, Jazz Dance, Samba, SharQui Workout, CrossFit, Pilates, Mobility Training, and Essentrics Stretch. Group Fitness Certificate from American Council on Exercise.
- Fluent – English, German, Dutch
- Tourist Level- Arabic, Hebrew, Yiddish, Spanish, Norwegian, French