A) INSTRUCTOR TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
1. In order to become a certified SharQui® Instructor, you are required to participate in the one (1) day instructor training and become a member of the SharQui CREW. After the completion and passing of the SharQui Instructor Training, the participant has a maximum of 30 days to enroll as a member of the SharQui CREW upon which time a SharQui Instructor Certificate will be provided.
2. The SharQui® Instructor Training will be held over the course of one (1) day. The day will range from six (6) to eight (8) hours depending on the number of participants. However, the course may be lengthened as needed to allow all participants adequate time to develop an understanding of the format, not to exceed an additional two (2) hours. The course will be six to seven (6-7) hours of practical and lecture and one to two (1-2) hours of testing.
All course participants are required to attend the entire one-day course. If all material is covered in less than the number of hours allotted, participants may either choose to leave at that point or use the remaining time to ask any additional questions regarding the material covered up to day’s finishing point.
3. Upon completion of the six to eight (6-8) hour course, there will be both a written and a practical exam covering the SharQui® format. Successful completion of the SharQui Instructor Training Course is only awarded upon successfully passing both the written and the practical exams on the SharQui format. Both exams will be based on the information contained in the SharQui Instructor Training Manual and the information taught throughout the course. If the participant does not pass both exams, there will be a sixty (60) day period after the course wherein he or she will be given one (1) opportunity to retake the exam(s) at no additional cost. There will be no refunds if the participant does not pass the re-take exam(s) or elects not to retest before the end of the sixty (60) days. However, if the participant chooses to do so, they will be permitted to attend another SharQui Instructor Training Course at a discount of fifty dollars ($50) off the course fee. The results for both exams will be provided to the participant no later than seven (7) days from the completion of the exam(s), regardless of whether it’s the first or second attempt.
4. Upon the successful completion of the SharQui Instructor Training Course, if the participant becomes a member of the SharQui CREW within 30 days, he or she will be presented with a SharQui Instructor Certificate which will enable the participant to teach the SharQui format for a period of one (1) year.
5. Upon the successful completion of the SharQui Instructor Training Course, if the participant does not enroll as a member of the SharQui CREW, he or she will not be presented with a SharQui Instructor Certificate and will not be allowed to teach the SharQui format in any aspect. Instructors who decline to enroll as a member of the SharQui CREW at that time will be permitted to attend another Training Course in the future at a discount of fifty dollars ($50) off the course fee. Subsequent enrollment in the SharQui CREW will then be presented with a SharQui Instructor Certificate.
B) RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Renewal of the SharQui Instructor accreditation is the date the instructor signed up for CREW. When the instructor agrees to continue the CREW membership by paying the annual or monthly fee on or before their certification date, the SharQui Instructor accreditation is automatically renewed. There is no extra renewal fee. A new SharQui Instructor Certificate will then be sent to instructor which enables them to teach the SharQui format for one (1) year.
2. If the instructor cancels their SharQui CREW membership at any point their certification would be considered terminated.
3. The terminology and format included in the Instructor Training Manual and CREW may not be used in a class bearing any name other than SharQui® Workout, SharQui® bellydance, SharQui – The Bellydance Workout® or any other titles with the word SharQui.
4. When teaching a SharQui class at any facility, Instructors must present themselves and SharQui, Ltd. in a professional manner at all times.
5. At any point, the President of SharQui, Oreet J. Schwartz, or a SharQui Master Instructor can attend an instructor’s class for observation. Oreet or Master Instructor can require the instructor to attend a one-on-one informational session if an instructor is incorrectly demonstrating the SharQui format. If Oreet or Master Instructor determines the initial deficiencies continue after attending the one-on-one informational session, the instructor’s SharQui accreditation may be suspended. If an instructor refuses to attend a one-on-one informational session, Oreet may revoke that instructor’s SharQui Instructor accreditation. All ensuing decisions and/or consequences in a given situation are at Oreet’s discretion.
C) TERMS OF PAYMENT
- All Training and Renewal/CREW fees are payable via credit card through PayPal.
- Any fees paid to SharQui, Ltd. are non-refundable.
1. INSTRUCTOR TRAINING FEES
i. $249 if paid 3 or more weeks before course
ii. $299 if paid less than 3 weeks before course
2. LATE FEES
CREW payments are accepted up to 3 months (90 days) late past the instructors certification date with late fees. All late fees are paid online via credit card through Paypal. The late fees are as follows: 1-30 days -> $10 30-60 days -> $20 60-90 days -> $30 Instructor accreditation will be renewed for another one (1) year once the late fee have been received so long as it remains within the 3-month grace period. A new SharQui Instructor Certificate will then be sent to instructor with the original certification date.
D) COURSE MATERIALS
1. Upon receipt of agreement to these terms, SharQui, Ltd. agrees to provide the 1-Day Training course participant with the following materials: PDF of The SharQui® Instructor Training Manual; one (1) SharQui T-shirt; digital version of the SharQui – The Bellydance Workout® Level 1 DVD; digital version of the SharQui Music CD vol. 1.
E) RELEASE OF LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION
1. The participant understands and agrees that the SharQui® technique is a fitness workout and there is an associated risk of injury. The participant agrees to accept any and all risks of injury to self and/or any of their own students while instructing SharQui. The participant agrees not to make a claim against, sue or prosecute SharQui, Ltd., its officers, agents, or employees; for injury, death, or damage (intentional or accidental) arising out of negligence and/or improper instruction by the participant. The participant will release, discharge, and agree to indemnify SharQui, Ltd., against all actions, claims, or demands that may arise from participating in the SharQui Teacher/Instructor Training Course and/or as a certified SharQui instructor.
F) REGISTERED TRADEMARK AND COPYRIGHT SECURITY
1. The participant is aware that all terminology used in the Instructor Training Course, Instructor Training Manual and CREW is the intellectual property of SharQui, Ltd. and any material included in the manual may not be reproduced without prior written consent by Oreet. The terminology and format included in the Instructor Training manual may not be used in a class bearing any name other than SharQui®, SharQui® bellydance, SharQui – The Bellydance Workout®, or any other titles with the word SharQui. 2. SharQui – The Bellydance Workout®, as well as other logo forms of the foregoing mark, are trademarks and/or service marks (the “Trademarks”) of SharQui, Ltd. a corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of New York. SharQui, Ltd.’s Trademarks, service marks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not affiliated with SharQui, Ltd., in any manner that: could cause confusion among customers, disparages, or discredits SharQui, Ltd. All other trademarks not owned by SharQui, Ltd., its subsidiaries, or affiliates that may appear in the SharQui Instructor Training Manual and CREW are the property of their respective owners (who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by SharQui, Ltd).
1. The participant and SharQui, Ltd. (“the parties”) agree that any disputes concerning or arising under or from this agreement shall be brought to a court of competent jurisdiction in the state or federal courts located in the City of New York, County of New York, in the State of New York. This agreement is governed by and shall be interpreted under the laws of the State of New York and shall be construed accordingly, without reference to principles of conflict of law.
2. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. Except as explicitly set forth in this agreement, there are no representations, warranties, or inducements -whether oral, written, express, or implied- that in any way affect or condition the validity of this agreement or alter its terms. This agreement shall have perpetual existence and shall not be enlarged, modified, amended, or altered except by a written instrument executed by all parties hereto.
3. This agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts and by the parties in separate counterparts, but shall not be effective until each party has executed at least one counterpart. Each counterpart when so executed and delivered shall be deemed to be an original and, all of which taken together, shall constitute one and the same agreement.